C O P P E R M A G I C
is out in the wild …
“Julia Mary Gibson’s quiet masterpiece is an effortless alloy of magic and science … I fell as much in love with Violet Blake’s multi-talented, multi-racial, generous, loving, crazy-flawed family as with Violet herself, teetering on the edge of childhood and maturity just as the Midwest teeters on the edge of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Violet’s world swallowed me whole.”
- Elizabeth Wein, author of Code Name Verity
• Kirkus starred review! (“Fresh, subtle, daring …”)
• Starred review of the audiobook in School Library Journal.
• Interview with one of my fave characters, Miss Nadia.
• Letter to my teen self (“she was just 17 …”): Dear Teen Me.
• On falling in love with words on the most excellent blog 3 Guys 1 Book.
• Essay on E. Nesbit & the Cuban missile crisis: Los Angeles Review of Books.
• My story CLOUD FOOD: Michigan Quarterly Review.
• Natural Magic and the Grandmothers: greenbeanteenqueen.
• Radio interview: Neil Haley on the Total Education Network.